Pastor Cee (brother to Yota) and his wife have been at Namthok for six years. There are about 15 families in his village. Recently the government has relocated another village to Bro. Cee’s location with about 60 additional families. This opens up tremendous opportunities.
|Left to right. Bro. Horn, Pastor Cee, his wife Archar, and Srichand||
Dr. Tom Wallace, Jim Westerfield, and Tim Lindsey sing for the church service.
Later in the service, Dr.Wallace preached.
|People begin to gather for the church services|
One of the youth groups sings for the services prior to Bro. Wallace preaching. We continually strive to keep
the work of the Lord before the kids of the home. We accomplish this by having them participate in the church work.
A few of the baptisms at Nam-thok Baptist Church
This is one of the villages that were displaced by the government. These villages, like many others, are looked upon as squatters and can be relocated at any time. Ending up on the side of the highway and because there were only four families the name has stayed with them.
Here you see the property that was purchased and the new church building that has almost been completed.
Normally property is not bought for the people,the Lord sent the funds. We will only provide 80% of the money necessary to build a church building. The people of the village have to provide the rest. They are not allowed to borrow the 20 % and this is a tremendous amount for these people to have to come up with. We feel it necessary that the people have a part in the construction of the church.
The church membership always enjoys having
visitors come to the church and always prepare a meal.
Bro. Horn visits with some
men of the during the
construction phase of the church.
Bro. Horn with Pastor Yotam and his wife, ArMont and Mrs. Horn and a lady from the church that ends up in most pictures. Bro. Yota has been with our ministry for 7 years and the church is doing very well . Most all the churches have children at the home.
Members stand in front of the church building,waiting for the services to begin. Bro. Horn has preached here numerous of the service begins as Bro. Horn makes his way from the front door to the pulpit. The floor is bamboo and sinks about 6 inches as Bro. Horn crosses the floor.
This was once the pastor’s house. Because the property the church sat on was too small for the new church building . Bro. Yota gave his property to the church and he and his family moved into the old church building. the new church building that was provided by Pembina
Valley Baptist Church in Canada, Pastor Mike Sullivant.
The laying on of hands for the men
that were ordained during the
2006 Mission’s Conference
The village of Gaw-aire straddles the ridge of a mountain. You must drive 5 km up a very high mountain to get to the village. At night it feels like you can reach out and touch the stars.
Pastor Argal’s wife Nolot works with a couple of different groups from the church. Bro. Argal and Nolot have always been a blessing each time that they share their gift of music.
Some of those that were baptized
After the service, the church gathers for a photo and a meal
This is the first building that was constructed in our ministry. A dear brother from Mesquite, Texas provided the funds.
Once the building was constructed we saw a four-fold increase in attendance.We only provide 80% of the funds necessary to build the building.The 20% is a tremendous burden on the people, but we feel it vital that the people see themselves as being part of the church.
Note : They may not borrow the money !!
Baptisms are always a big deal, (never greater than salvation) and the church members enjoy a meal after the baptism service.
Pastor Arlum has been with us for about four years and is currently enrolled in Nongloam Bible Center.Pastor Arlum is pastor of Arduke Baptist Church as well.
Pray with us about a Man of God to oversee this work full time.
Some of the members stand in front of the church
Any time that the opportunity presents itself we take the children that they might
minister to the churches as well.
This is a blessing to the church folks and shows our young people the work
that is laid out before them (their responsibility).
Folks gather for a baptismal service. Depending on the time of the year,
the creek must be blocked up to complete
the second part of the great commission.
Ta Kow Perkg is one of our newer churches. After working hard to save up money they finally were able to start building on the ground they had dedicated.
We are so thankful to the Lord for the beautiful new building.
The Lord has not yet provided a pastor to take over the work here so please pray that the Lord will send the right man to lead the people.
Ban-bongngam Baptist Church